Friday, April 13, 2012


This is one of my favorite de-stress places to go. It is just a few miles out of Madras and you can watch the sun go down over the Cascade Mountains especially Mt. Jefferson and Round Butte. Every kid that has grown up in Madras before everyone started building houses on it was the favorite place for kids to go. I will post pictures when I get to them of the view from there.

You look west and you see the Mountains, you look east and you see the rolling sagebrush hills of the BLM land.

The sunset is so bright you can see it reflected in my Jeep.

You don't hear the traffic noise, only the birds singing their good night songs to you, such a quiet and peaceful place that drains all the stress out of your body. I have been known to drive out there when I can't sleep cause my brain won't shut up and just sit there even in the middle of the night cuddled with a blanket and sure enough I just relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment