Wednesday, April 11, 2012


Going up to visit my daughter on the west side of the Cascades it was raining like the sky was crying hard, they have broke all kinds of rain records this month. The falls at Oregon city were roaring with muddy water. Can you imagine what it was like here before everyone started pulling water out of the river?  I think it would be somewhere between these pictures and what it usually runs. I am so glad they did not build a dam where we did not have these falls any more like they did the falls on the Columbia River. I think we lose a lot of history when we cover up something with water that was a big part of our history and our survival in the old days for a modern way to make life easier. It is to big of a price to pay in my mind.

2 comments:

  1. I don't miss the snow or rain at all but I do miss the smell after the electrical storms you talked about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you found it...I miss the snow but I don't want to have to work in it anymore..I think it is beautiful if I am warm inside

    ReplyDelete