Saturday, April 21, 2012

Helicopter fighting fire in heavy smoke

I so admire the people who fight our fires to save our homes and our property.  The last couple of years have been bad for Oregon though not as bad as some states have it. They are predicting another dry hot summer so we need to be extra careful with fires.

I was told once that fire and sex were two of the most powerful forces on earth and two of the most destructive when used unwisely.

I find it hard to comprehend that people start fires on purpose as it is so destructive and so many lives are lost and not a pleasant way to go that is for sure.  I love fire in a fireplace on a cold snowy night but when not controlled and used safely I have seen the results of the burns on people from that too.

Years on the ambulance have taught me well that fire is a very painful injury, burns hurt big time and are very disfiguring for the ones that do live.

Be extremely careful with fires, do not destroy others lives, property or our beautiful state of Oregon.

Thank God for the men and women who fight this powerful dangerous enemy.

No comments:

Post a Comment