Thursday, April 12, 2012


I love the high desert of Central Oregon where you can just drive down any road and have a view people pay to come visit. When I was a child growing up here and I would see people pulled over taking pictures I wondered why. Good grief it is just the mountains or the sunset then I moved to the Oregon coast and I will never ever wonder why again.  When I first came home I would set for hours and just stare. I learned to appreciate what Central Oregon has to offer.

I was offered a job in the Portland area for about 3 times what I earned here and they could not understand why I refused it.  I asked them, "what do you do with that extra money?"  They said I could use it to come visit Central Oregon on vacation. I told them I did not need the money then as I live here 365 days a year. Our nick name is "Poverty with a view". We don't need to go anywhere as it is all right here if you like the outdoor life.

My ex used to think it was dry and ugly but after we moved back to his side of the mountain he came back to the central area and got pieces of sagebrush and juniper to line his hat with where he could smell it.

The fresh air is fantastic. One of my most favorite smells in the world is during the hot summer and we have a thunderstorm and the air afterwards is the most awesome smell there is. I also love the smell of a crisp fall morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment