Friday, December 21, 2012

What one thing caused more neighborhood breakdowns?


Number one rule: First off you need to know your neighbors. It has been documented that since the invention and implementation of ONE product, the breakdown of the neighborhood occurred. Can you guess what it is is?  Answer in a minute..............


Number one rule: First off you need to know your neighbors. It has been documented that since the invention and implementation of ONE product, the breakdown of the neighborhood occurred. Can you guess what it is is?  Answer in a minute..............

The garage door opener..................

Did anyone guess it right?  I sure didn't, I guessed TV.

People came and went without having the opportunity to stop their car in the driveway and to the garage door and open it, thus giving them a chance to say a "howdy neighbor", wave and be friendly with those around them.

Now it is drive to the driveway, click the remote and up goes the door, drive in, close the door. ABSOLUTELY NO TIME FOR ANY FACE-TO-FACE PLEASANTRIES  with the neighbors.

Also no time for the neighbors to see you and get to where they recognize you as belonging there.

Go to this blog and scroll down to January 30, 2012 (second one) and read:


by Gregory Harshfield 

Maybe that is why the neighbors know my cars and me. I don't have a garage and until I read this I never thought about it but my neighbors do walk by when I am getting in and out of the car car and we say "good morning", "I can't believe this wind", " are you enjoying the snow?". and here all the time I thought I was making small talk and really I was protecting my house.

This was given to me by my friend Denise Woods. I love it!  Thank you Denise.




No comments:

Post a Comment