Sunday, December 23, 2012

Home safety surprise!

Another way that a lot of people don't think about as far as protecting their home is a motion detector sprinkler system. Just google motion detector sprinkler and it will bring up several places you can order them.

We buy motion detector lights but sprinklers?  They are popular for keeping deer and other animals out of your garden but they work wonders in the back yard for prowlers too.

They don't work well at the front door because no none can get to the door but I guess if you wanted to have the front door done you could only turn them on when you go to bed just like they do an alarm system.

I like alarm systems but I also want mine to sound a really LOUD siren that is audible too.  I know from being in dispatch that some alarm companies take a long time before police are called. They call the residence and some even call your emergency responders (neighbors or relatives) before they call the police.  Many police departments charge for false alarm responses due to they were getting so many where people just forgot to turn alarm off when they came home or an electrical problem or cat set it off.  Our police department gave you 3 a year and then they charged.  I want the whole neighborhood to know when mine goes off. I would become a very unpopular neighbor if set it off by accident.

My daughter has an alarm and I put the wrong number in once and could not get the stupid thing to shut off. I could not hear as it was breaking my poor ear drums. I had to call her at work and she was trying to give me the number to call the alarm company and the correct code word and I could not hear her. Bless her little soul as she called them from work and hope she did not get in trouble for it. I have been afraid of that thing every since then.

I can not even imagine sneaking around a house and all of a sudden to get hit with water. I would pee my pants right there. Some also have sensor lights along with the sprinklers.

It is something to think about. They run from around $30 and up depending on the system. You might also think about them to keep deer and racoons out of your garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment