Friday, January 11, 2013

Mt. Jefferson in Central Oregon

This was taken on Mt. View Drive out near the Cover in Central Oregon and shows you why I love Central Oregon. Mt. Jefferson is my favorite mountain and the mountain our county is named after.

Today was partly cloudy and 29 degrees but inside a vehicle with the sun shining through the window was toasty warm. It actually warmed up to 31 degrees by afternoon. It was a shock because I was sitting in the Jeep nice and toasty and decided to get out and go for a short jog with the dogs. It took about 3 seconds to realize that wasn't the smartest idea I have had in quite a while. I stepped out of the Jeep and the cold about took my breath away and such a surprise since it was so warm inside the Jeep.  All you had to do for the Jeep to cool down almost immediately was park in the shade.

The dogs, my 88 year old mom had a blast today. I love the sunshine on a cold winter day. The only thing better would have been if there was snow on the ground where the sunshine could turn it into sparkling diamonds when it hit the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment