Wednesday, January 23, 2013

chicken coop dive

I did not want to wash my hair since it was so cold out and I had to go to therapy on my shoulder. I went out to feed my chickens before I took my shower.

I put on my big galoshes because I did not want chicken poop on my shoes. I opened the door to the pen with the food scraps in a bowl in my hand. I had not zipped up the boots as I was just going to feed the chickens.

I took a step forward and my boot came half off, I tried to get my foot back in and got both my feet tangled up with the feed dish and I did a regular belly dive into the chicken pen. I swear I hit and slid 2 feet throwing straw and chicken food and shit everywhere!

I picked my shitty self up and headed back to the house in a shitty mood.  I took my shower and yes I washed the chicken shit out of my hair too.

Off I went to the physical therapy office in 22 degree freezing fog with wet hair.  I get there and he starts to ask questions as to how I hurt my shoulder. I said "I fell", he asked when did you fall. I said "well about 15 minutes ago but I hurt my shoulder 2 months ago".

I then told him my story and everyone at physical therapy had a good laugh. The therapist said "are you sure you did not hurt yourself?"  I said "no, I did not hurt myself except my pride and my temper. When I hurt myself is when I tried to keep myself from flying. I know better, just relax and let it happen and I don't get hurt but if I try and stop it and grab something then I am injured."

No comments:

Post a Comment