Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Ochocco Creek, Crook County, Oregon






Oregon has so much beauty no matter where you go.  I take photos of places that people drive all the time like the caves and they ask where they are. When I was in Arizona I took a photo of this rock and people who have lived there for ages had never seen it and it was on the main highway. We get so busy and so destination minded that we forget to, pardon the pun, stop and smell the roses. We are so determined to  get where we want to go we forget to enjoy the trip getting there.

You see deer among cattle all the time but you usually don't see deer among horses. In fact some advise you to put a strip of horse manure around your property to keep deer away. Well here is proof that deer hang with wild horses too.  These horses and deer, there is another one behind the horses, were right off the main road and cars went by and never even saw them. When I got out with my camera they noticed me and stopped and watched

Have you ever did that? Zooming down the road and see someone with a camera or stopped and looking at something so you slow down and look and see something cool?

I was in the Tetons one morning and found a big moose with frost all over his hair on a foggy morning and no one was even slowing down, once I stopped about 20 cars stopped.

If we slow down we are safer and we will see more things. I hate freeways unless I am in a hurry as you can't see anything and you are going so fast you would never get a picture of it even if you could get stopped because by then you would be way past it.  Sometimes there just isn't a place to pull over safely but most times I can get off county roads to get a good photo or just sit and watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment