Monday, May 14, 2012

Cherry Creek Ranch





These pictures again show how remote this area is. The road is getting much better so you know you are getting closer to humans.

Picture #1...Miles and miles of nothing but so beautiful and rugged. What type of natural events created land like this.

Picture #2...Driving along and all of a sudden bright yellow hill among the sagebrush. I wish I knew what mineral causes it to turn this color. It makes you wonder what is under the surface in all these other hills.

Picture #3....More weird shaped areas and colors. Volcanic for sure on most but earthquake??? you think?? Anyone smarter then me about it that can tell me how this was formed.

Picture #4..Shows where an old homestead was on Cherry Creek, a neat little valley nestled between the rocks right on the creek.

Picture #5...Shows a rock formation that looks man made but it isn't. The rocks on this hill are just flat weird  and again I think I need to study and find out more about this country and what caused the really weird stuff even though I know a lot is volcanic..Where? How? When?

No comments:

Post a Comment