Thursday, May 17, 2012

caves in Jefferson County, Oregon




One of my favorite places to go. I like to think of what his hole in the wall could tell me. Want to bet that at some time in the history of Jefferson County this place has a story.  It is also one of my grand kids favorite places.

When the grand kids were little we used to always call bandages fun badges to show we were out and about having fun.  Once my grandson was climbing up to the cave and fell among all the rocks, he got up all bruised and scrapped and looked at me down below and said "Grandma I think I am going to need lots of fun badges" as he was trying not to cry.

This place has many memories for me, a place to set and reflect and a place to dream. I can just see the bad guys sitting behind the wall watching the road below.

Jefferson County has so many interesting places and I love its history. I buy any book I can afford on Oregon History.

No comments:

Post a Comment