Saturday, May 19, 2012

Madras, Airport




The sun came out and the mountains were beautiful and the airport was grand central station. One plane after another waiting in line to take off or land, I could have taken photos all day of different planes. The crew at the Madras airport were hopping and they did not mess around strolling they were jogging around working.  I am amazed at the difference in the airport since Rob Berg took over as manager. His whole life has became that airport and it sure shows.  It is clean, improvements everywhere, hard working crew, even the gas truck was spotless and bright. I was impressed by all of it and so proud of our little airport.

One of my favorite memories of my one grandpa was when he took us to the airport in California and let us watch the airplanes coming and going and have pancakes with lots of different types of syrup. Up at the Madras airport had more action then that day and a variety of different shaped, colored and sounding airplanes.  Now all I needed was pancakes to eat while I watched.  Great place, great crew..stop by and say "hi" to Rob and his crew.

Our airport now has something to be proud of, a big asset to the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment