Thursday, January 7, 2021

The First Chinese takeout

 

Chinese food
I do not know if this is a true story or not but it is a fun story and made me smile. I was watching a documentary on ghost towns.

Ghost Town

It was not this ghost town but one that the Chinese were working on the railroad. They had a custom that when they buried their dead they would place a lot of food around the burial plot.  The people would wait until nightfall came and go out and collect the food and take it home and eat it. Hence the first known Chinese take out.

Not sure why I thought it was a fun story but it really stuck with me. I love stories on history or how something came about. Like I said I don't know if this has any truth to it but the documentary said it was true but it was an interesting thought for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment