Friday, January 8, 2021

Mt Hood is glowing proudly with its new coat

Mt Hood

 I never tire of looking at Mt Hood. I grew up looking out the window at Mt. Hood while I stood at the sink washing dishes, outside doing chores.  It has always inspired me and made me feel at home and safe.

When I moved to Estacada, Oregon last year from Central Oregon I figured it was only a 2 hr trip home so I could go home and see my beloved mountain. I also love the rest of the Cascade Mountain Range in Central Oregon. Mt Hood and Mt Jefferson being my favorite.  When I got to my new home I had this amazing view of Mt. Hood. Anytime I am lonely or depressed I go look out the window and know the friends I am missing are just on the other side of her.  She makes me serene again, she settles me nerves, I am at home if I can see her standing majestically tall and proud.

She is the second most climbed mountain. fourth highest  in the Cascade range. tallest one in Oregon. She has so much native history and they called her Wy'east who was a warrior.  You really should google it and find out about this mountain as it has so much about its history I can't write all of it in my blog and bore the ones that don't want to know that much.

Every year it seems we loose a climber or a hiker on it.  It is beautiful and dangerous.  When I was a child it stayed covered with snow year around but now only the glaciers remain in summer.  It is beautiful from all sides and you can take a great drive around it, go up I84 to Hood River and turn and go through Parkdale and up to hwy 35 and over the mountain to hwy 26 and back to Portland and see how amazing she is from all sides.  I keep calling the mountain a she but Wy'east was a he. 

Wanting a beautiful relaxing day trip, head up and around Mt. Hood, see the meadows, the streams, the mountain, the trees, the valleys, she has it all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment