Tuesday, January 5, 2021

M My little Jeep

 Jeep


Jeep
Took off for a drive today, when you can't hike the back country, get a Jeep.  You can see my 87 year old mom in the right front seat. The most surprising thing about the Jeep is how easy it is for her o get in. No bending of arthritic knees, she is tall enough she just walks over and sits down and pulls her legs in. She gets in easier then I do.

The mud where we went is sticky..the road was not that bad but the mud just clings and gets deeper and deeper. This picture was when we got back to the pavement and part of the mud had already fallen off from the gravel road.  When we were on the dirt road you could not even get to the handle on the Jeep. I got out to the let the dogs out for a break and a short walk and yuck, I had to knock mud off to get to the door handle.

We had a blast and got lots of neat pictures, saw lots of deer and birds.

I had to trade my little Jeep I pulled behind our motorhome when mom got sick. To go places we had to have so much stuff, take her walker because she hated her wheel chair but we had to take the wheelchair because sometimes she had to use it. We took her cane too. Then there was water and food just in case, sleeping bag, clothes, sweaters and tank tops where we were ready for anything and all our dogs. Traded my Jeep in for a 4x4 king cab pickup with a canopy and we could get everything in there including a porta potty and a bed in case we needed it.  Nothing slowed us down, off we would go. We were lucky and never had to get stuck over night somewhere but always nice to be prepared just in case when you head for the back country, they don't have any motels out there or cafes.

After mom passed I went to get another Jeep but got talked into the bigger one, silver and black unlimted and made my little trailer as you will see in the blog.  I love it. So much room and it actually does better in the mud but have to watch more going over rocks and logs that you don't high center as the front wheels will drop over the log before the hind ones climb it.

No comments:

Post a Comment