Tuesday, January 5, 2021

 Elderly hobbies

My mom who is 87 1/2 and a great great grandmother fishing the John Day River. The elderly need to live by the rule, it is not what I can't do anymore but figuring out what you want to do then figuring out how to accomplish that task.  That is what you do during your working years, you need to do something so you figure out how to do it. That is the rule we live by. We might not be able to do things fast or the way younger people do it but my dad thought me well that where there is a will there is a way.  We do what we want, might take 3 days instead of 3 minutes but we get it done.  My mom , to fish and this spot is 20 miles from anywhere, quiet, peaceful, serene and fun.

This is an old post I had when I was doing the staying active as you age blog. I lost my mom when she was 93 due to a brain tumor but she stayed as active as she could until she passed. She so hated it once she had to be in a wheel chair because she wanted to be up and moving but we did a lot of drives and she enjoyed them.  She would have liked to have gone on one every day.

One drive she wanted to go to was to The Dalles to see the cherry blossoms one of our friends had said were so pretty when they had gone up about 1 1/2 weeks ago.

My daughter Sandie and me loaded mom and the dogs up and off to The Dalles we went. Well we were about a week to late. They were done blooming. We found one tree with blossoms on it. So we decided to go home over Mt. Hood on hwy 35and enjoy the scenery that way. Well we hit a major snow storm and you could hardly see the road let alone the scenery.  Luckily my family saw the humor in it and we got a good laugh over our cherry blossom drive. We laughed about that trip for ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment