Thursday, June 21, 2012

Three Sisters Mountains at dawn


Here are three good reasons of why I love Central Oregon. The Three Sisters mountains. I rode my horse up to Green Lakes which is right at the glacier level and you can't usually get in there until July or August. We went in July and still had to cross 2 sections of snow. Green Lakes in right in the hole between the three mountains and is a beautiful hike for anyone wanting to hike. It is a well marked heavy traveled trail that follows Fall Creek all the way in. I am sure it is named Fall Creek because there is just one waterfall after another. I wish I could find my photos to put on here. Maybe some day I will.

The railroad can be seen in this photo. Can you imagine what the passengers that did not get up early enough missed this morning. I can just see someone from Southern California being on the train and waking up and looking out to this view.


Here is a reason people like to farm in Central Oregon. Don't you wish this was your work place every day. I don't think the farmers even mind getting up early as they have this to welcome them to work and then watch the light change and the mountains change all day long. What a terrible chore that must be. To see this instead of 4 walls. To  hear the birds sing, the cattle call and yes Tommy the rooster to welcome you this beautiful morning singing his joy.



The North and Middle Sisters. I think these mountains are some of the most beautiful I have ever seen everywhere. I also love the Tetons in Wyoming but I have never found any I love any more then I do the Cascades. What lucky people we are to see this our whole lives.

This is the South Sister who everyone is watching very close as it has a bulge growing on its south west side that has lifted the area up a few inches all the way to highway 20 over the Santiam pass. They don't think there is any danger at this time but they are studying and monitor it constantly. I think it is funny that I learned of this from my friend is Australia who belongs to a geological club a year before I heard about it in Oregon. I am not afraid of the mountain but at the same time I must say I am glad it is on the Southwest side and I live on the Northeast side.

I took these right off highway 97 between Madras and Redmond this morning when I was going over to pick some things up in Redmond at 5:30 am. I am so blessed to live in Central Oregon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment