Friday, June 1, 2012

Oregon receives a good man today

The ground of Oregon receives a good man today as I go to my friends funeral. I find comfort in the fact that he will be buried in the same cemetery as my dad into the ground of a state he loved.

I know when dad was accepted into the ground of beautiful Oregon and we were picking out his grave site he wanted one picked before he went. He said one day "I think it is time for you to find me a motel room". It was a hard decision, it might be stupid as he could not see his beloved land now but I had to have one that you could see the Cascade Mountain Range he loved plus the farmland he wanted. We finally found the plot we wanted and got a family plot of 8 so I know my motel room awaits me near my mom and dad and who ever else of our family that wants one. The mountains, the farm land and half way between two big juniper trees farm enough away from the tree to be in the sunshine we both loved. 

I love Oregon and am glad when one of my loved ones remain here when they go home to God, a piece remains in Oregon forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment