Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Longhorn in Oregon

I about ran off the road the first time I saw this big boy standing there in the field by the highway. I think he is about the prettiest thing and so impressive. This picture just does not show how big those horns are.

 Now this photo gives you an idea of just how big those horns of his are.  It is just amazing.

I love the back roads of Oregon. You never know what you will find. I drive this road at least once a week usually and I saw him once and could not get stopped due to traffic and I looked for him for over a month before he was out there again.  Makes me wonder how long he has been there and I just never noticed. There are several cows with horns there but none like his.

Now I see these cows all the time and have even posted some photos of them feeding their calves but this is only the second time I have seen him. Maybe he hangs out in the back in the trees, I know the cows are back there a lot.

Slow down and see what you find in Oregon.  Not all of our treasures are in the tourist spots.

No comments:

Post a Comment