Monday, June 11, 2012

Fir tree planting


I was driving down the road and saw them out in the field and could not figure out what they were planting. I had never see this operation before so I stopped and the owner was walking toward his pickup at this end of the field so I waited and asked him what he was planting and he told me. He was a really nice man and laughed when I said I was from central Oregon and could not figure it out.  IT as weird to see the little houses going down the rows.  I sat for a little while and watched them.

I drove out into the farm area and saw the different crops they grow, trees, flowers, shrubs, hops. It was a fun trip to see the difference in farming life there and here.Growing up on a farm it was really interesting to watch the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment