Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Healthy smoothie experiences

I live with my 89 year old mother and we have been trying making healthy smoothies with protein powder in them as an afternoon snake and we love them and have more energy.

My daughter who works at the hospital called to see if I would bring her lunch as the other girl had called in sick and she did not have anyone to relieve her at the ER desk to go get some food. So thinking I was being a good mommy I made her one of my homemade smoothies as a treat to go with her lunch.

I have a Ninja kitchen system and it has two little one serving glasses for it to make drinks with. I made her our favorite with banana, blue berries, honey, cinnamon, almond milk and ice and took it up to her. She took a taste and said she did not like it. I said "well then give it back and I will drink it".  I drank the smoothie on the way back home.

When I got home I told my mom that she had not liked it. She said she loved them and wondered why she did not like it. Mom went into the kitchen to do dishes from lunch.  She says "What did you put in this smoothie for Sandie as I have to agree it is terrible, you had to do something different."  I said "no, it is just like I always make". Mom says "Then what made it orange?".  I said "Orange, it wasn't orange it is purple just like always". She comes around the corner and shows me this orange mixture in one of the ninja glasses.  I laugh and say "mom, that is the salad dressing I made that we did not like because I got to much vinegar in it and I sat it on the counter where we could throw it away"...she says "well it doesn't taste any better when you drink it, in fact it is worse."

We both had a good laugh and so did my daughters.

No comments:

Post a Comment