Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Central Oregon Spring

Sometimes my  brain is a lot more optimistic then my body is.  I have all these great ideas and then I go and buy way to many plants for my body to plant.


You have to admit they are really pretty. Now the big problem is also that the weather turned cold and I don't have a table anymore to eat on.


Oh my I forgot about these, at least two of them are house plants and I don't have to plant them. I just can not pass up a flower. Please keep me out of any store that has flowers.


Not only do I have to plant all these plants I bought on sale I had to bring in my strawberry pots because it is suppose to get to 24 tonight.  Now I know why that store had such good buys on the plants right now. My house has plants everywhere.

Every window is full of plants, I have tomatoes enough for 1/2 the town. Everyone said you have to expect that some won't come up so being me I planted two seeds in each pot thinking only half would come up..wrong!  Everyone of them came up.  Then my mom says I had to pull one of them up and throw it away..  Wrong, I do not throw plants away until I have tried everything in my power to save them.  Mom says, "well if you try to separate them you are going to lose a bunch of them and maybe all of them.  I separated them and planted them in separate pots. Everyone of them lived. Now I have 40 tomato plants and my friends are very happy.

To continue the plant sage it turned 80 and 40's at night so guess who planted all her plants..Yep me and then guess what happened? It turned 24 again and I think I have lost at least 1/2 of my plants even though I covered them with a sheet.  My poor body is sore, 1/2 my plants are froze and then it turns hot again. I water and water as the shock from 30 to 80 the heat was cooking them. Then blast it the weather turned to 24 again last night. I covered everything I could. I used every sheet and extra blanket I had. I guess I had better not need to change my sheets cause they are all out covering plants at night.

I just might have to give up on this..Nope, I just have to plant some more flowers I guess.  The old saying if you don't like the weather in Central Oregon hang around 5 minutes but give me a break from 80 during the day to 24 at night.  My poor babies but the ones that survive are sure tough plants so I guess Central Oregon grows tough people and tough plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment