Friday, March 29, 2013

Unexpected exercise

I have been trying to get in shape so I try to walk and ride my bike. Today I went for a drive and saw a grave up on the hill in the middle of a pasture.

I love Oregon history especially Central Oregon history and anything about the Native Americans history in the area. Knowing that in this area many old graves have a lot to do with the history of our area and all of them are interesting and this was a nice little hike. Or so I thought!

Now this is the photo from the grave back to the Jeep. GEE WHIZ that hill was so much steeper then it looked from the bottom up to the top. I was panting like an old steam engine when I got to the top but I was determined to get there once I started. That has always been a big fault of mine. I start something and I will kill myself or cause all kinds of problems but the original problem will get done one way or another.

The walk was worth it as it was a grave of a local rancher that died in 1875 at the age of 65 years which made him born in 1810.  I looked him up on the internet when I got home and sure enough he was on there with pictures of the grave.  What a cool find and worth my unexpected exercise of climbing a steep hill that I had thought was a gentle slope.

No comments:

Post a Comment