Monday, March 25, 2013

Loving the rural life

I have to laugh at city folks and I know they laugh at us country bumpkins but I love the rural life. I love the smell of the fresh air instead of smog.  I love the quiet and the birds singing instead of sirens and horns honking and brakes squealing and yes I love the sound of a rooster waking me up. So much better to hear his song then the buzz of an alarm clock.

I also love the sound of the cows in the posture mooing away. It always reminds me of the city people who come to our area to camp and enjoy the outdoors and I actually took a few 911 calls where people wanted us to come out to the campground and make the cows across the street shut up.  Now how do you tell a cow to be quiet as people want to sleep?  I mean come on, traffic runs all night in the city and I can't sleep but I would never call 911 and ask them to stop the traffic where I can sleep.  If you don't like an area or the sounds or smells of that area then don't go there.

So if you want to come visit the rural area be prepared to deal with the rural area's sounds and enjoy them. I knew a guy who came out from New York City for the first time out of the city limits and he loved to sit and listen to the cows. He said he wanted the sound in his memory for when he went back to New York never to hear it again except in the movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment